WRTG 391 WEEK 1 DISCUSSIONS LATEST UMUC
Visit Below Link, To Download This Course:
WRTG 391 Week 1 Discussions Latest-UMUC
WRTG 391 Week 1 Discussions Latest-UMUC
Preparing for the Summary of Research Findings
Your first writing assignment in WRTG 391 will be a Summary of Research Findings. Please watch the video– How to Read and Comprehend Scientific Research Articles: Summary of Research Findings. The video is linked to in the Content for this week. In addition, please read over the Template for Taking Notes on Research Articles.
Respond to this discussion topic by answering the following questions.
- Name three strategies that you use to motivate yourself to overcome difficulties when learning and researching.
- In your opinion, what is the most important step to take when reading research articles? According to the material you’ve watched and read, what is the most important step to take when reading research articles?
- What obstacles make finding “meaning” difficult when reading a research article? What suggestions from the video and the template will help one to overcome these obstacles to meaning?
- After reviewing the topics possible to work with in the Proposed Literature Review Topic Discussion Post, please reply here what research topic as specifically as possible do you think that you will focus on for this semester’s work (If you are in the process of obtaining approval on your topic please just do your best to state what topic at this time you are most interested in) ? Why?
- After watching the first two library tutorials in the Week 1 submodule, please find two articles on your chosen research topic for the literature review and all coursework in the class (please be sure I have approved it first which will be provided in the “Proposed Literature Review” discussion in Week 1) that review and give the findings of a research study. In responding to this discussion topic, give the author(s), the title of the article, and a brief one- or two-sentence description of the research study and its findings.
The activity in this last task will help you get started on your Summary of Research Findings, which is writing assignment #1.
Welcome to WRTG 391! Please introduce yourself to the rest of the class. In your introduction, please state why you are taking WRTG 391, something about your hobbies, where you live, and a little bit about why it is important to you to develop research and writing skills better.
First impressions are very important so be sure to proofread your work before posting, I will start things off by stating a few basics about myself.
I am from Vienna/Oakton, Virginia originally. I rode horses competitively growing up through college which was a big passion for me. I love London and would live there if possible. I am working on a PhD focusing on the successes and challenges of 40 and above-age learners who are pursuing their four-year degrees. I live in Burtonsville, Maryland, have a husband and two spoiled cats, and have been teaching writing and English in higher education for the past 15 years.
Please post your introduction here by Friday, March 17 by midnight, and respond to one classmate by Sunday, March 19 by midnight and among the information you provide in that post, please ask them one question regarding their posting which will help foster the getting acquainted process all the more.
Proposed Literature Review Topic
Please review the Assignment #3 information below and post a short paragraph that states which topic and subtopic. For example, if interested in #1(a)) for your literature review you would want to provide a couple sentences about what your topic is of interest and what you hope to learn through your research about this topic overall.
Choosing a Technological Transformations Topic:
Below are the four main topics for the literature review.
Review the literature on the impact of the Internet on information literacy and library skills.
For example, you might review the literature on one or more of the following. These are just examples. Many approaches are possible for this topic.
- The impact of the Internet on plagiarism in student papers.
- The impact of the Internet on research methods among students.
- The impact of Wikipedia and other web 2.0 applications on the use of information.
- Review the literature on the impact of technology on the health care field.
For example, you might review the literature on any one or more of the following. These are just examples. Many approaches are possible for this topic.
- The impact of a particular technological development on health care costs.
- The implications of maintaining a nationwide health care electronic database of every patient’s medical records.
- Review the literature on the impact of assessment and measurement on education.
For example, you might review the literature on any one of the following. These are just examples. Many approaches are possible for this topic.
- The No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act and the use of measurement in its assessments.
- The use of placement exams for entrance into colleges and universities.
- The use of placement exams for enrollment into entry-level writing and mathematics courses in colleges and universities.
- The Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) movement in education.
- Review the literature on the impact of technology on a field of study or topic of your choice.
This option represents a more general approach to the assignment. Some examples might be the following. These are just examples. Many approaches are possible for this topic.
- The impact of mobile devices on cybersecurity
- The impact of the Internet on the field of advertising
- The impact of cloud computing on a particular business field
- The impact of the Internet in an area of communication studies
- The impact of the Internet on global marketing strategies
- The impact of a particular type of technology on health care
- The impact of technology on education in a particular field of study
- The impact of technology at a particular time in history for a particular country or region.
You will be following this topic throughout the course, using it to develop a Summary of Research Findings, to create a critical Annotated Bibliography, to synthesize a Literature Review, and to write a final Niches and Gaps essay.