TRIDENT MGT 501 MODULE 1 SLP
Visit Below Link, To Download This Course:
Trident MGT 501 Module 1 SLP
Module 1 – SLP
MANAGING INDIVIDUAL BEHAVIOR
The SLP for this course involves making a personal assessment of a relevant set of skills, focusing on your strengths and identifying any weaknesses that may have been revealed. You will then be asked to create a plan by which you can “grow” your strengths and shore up your weaknesses. By the end of the project, you will have a personal management profile and action plan.
As we have discussed, your values and attitudes interact with your personality to create a strong effect on your work life. The fit between an individual’s personality and a company’s “style” is essential to job satisfaction. Someone who is risk-averse, for example, would probably be unhappy at 3M, a company with a reputation for innovation and risk-taking.
Understanding the impact of your own personality on others helps you build productive work relationships with peers, subordinates, and bosses, alike.
Refer to the required and optional readings for this module, and any other readings which will help you in understanding personality styles and how they affect organizational effectiveness.
Remember to follow Trident’s guidelines for master’s-level writing. (See.trident.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Well-Written-Paper.pdf”>The Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper.)
Click on this link to access the.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm”>Jung Typology personality test. Be sure to click on the interpretive links when you have finished so you can interpret your score.
Prepare a 2- to 3-page essay that addresses the following:
How does my personality type affect my career and effectiveness at my job?
- Complete the assessment according to the guidelines and interpret the results.
- Include the actual results in an Appendix at the end of your paper.
- Review the sections on Self-Awareness and Personal Growth, as well as Career Choices and incorporate this information in formulating your responses.
- What did the test reveal about you?
- What can you infer from this test about your strengths and weaknesses?
- How does what you know about your personality type affect your motivation? Is this limited to a specific type of situation?
- What specific steps can you take to increase your strengths and build up weaknesses?
SLP Assignment Expectations
Your paper will be evaluated using the criteria as stated in the SLP rubric. The following is a review of the rubric criteria:.
- Assignment-Driven: Does the paper fully address all aspects of the assignment? Is the assignment addressed accurately and precisely using sound logic? Does the paper meet minimum length requirements?
- Critical Thinking: Does the paper demonstrate graduate-level analysis, in which information derived from multiple sources, expert opinions, and assumptions has been critically evaluated and synthesized in the formulation of a logical set of conclusions? Does the paper address the topic with sufficient depth of discussion and analysis?
- Business Writing: Is the essay logical, well organized and well written? Are the grammar, spelling, and vocabulary appropriate for graduate-level work? Are section headings included? Are paraphrasing and synthesis of concepts the primary means of responding, or is justification/support instead conveyed through excessive use of direct quotations?
- Effective Use of Information: Does the submission demonstrate that the student has read, understood and can apply the background materials for the module? If required, has the student demonstrated effective research, as evidenced by student’s use of relevant and quality (library?) sources? Do additional sources used provide strong support for conclusions drawn, and do they help in shaping the overall paper?
- Citing Sources: Does the student demonstrate understanding of APA Style of referencing, by inclusion of proper citations (for paraphrased text and direct quotations) as appropriate? Have all sources (e.g., references used from the Background page, the assignment readings, and outside research) been included, and are these properly cited? Have all sources cited in the paper been included on the References page?
- Timeliness: Has the assignment been submitted to TLC (Trident’s learning management system) on or before the module’s due date?